I received a lot of positive feedback about the RPG I wrote that uses Magic TCG cards. So I’ve made some updates, including a visual overhaul. If this is the first you’re seeing of it, scroll down to the images, or get the PDF here:
- Visual overhaul
- Added a Useful Terms section for players unfamiliar with RPGs
- Overhauled character creation. Now players start right out the gate with all of their card’s abilities. This makes more varied and interesting characters.
- Clarified progression. Now gaining new abilities operates under a strongly codified system.
- Rebalanced extra draws from the fate deck. Now you only get a single extra draw for having a matching land.
- Added support for reactions and instant speed abilities.
- Added Planeswalkers as deities. Gain loyalty with them on quests, and then use it for splashy effects.
- Overhauled adventure creation. A more concrete system for generating random dungeons, with conflict and treasure baked right in.
- Added some optional rules and more ideas for GMs that want to add more to a game.